This is an Agni Yoga meditation given in the book, Agni: Way of Fire.
The first specific meditative practice is a higher octave of Meditation One and Two as given by the Master DK in Discipleship in the New Age II.
The purpose of Meditation One and Two was to free the disciple from his self-centred focus expressing through the solar plexus, into a group focus through the heart centre.
Meditation One began by linking the heart chakra, the solar plexus chakra and the crown. In Meditation Two by an act of soul will the energies gathered in the solar plexus are lifted to the heart centre. These Meditations have particular benefit for those working on the First and Second Initiations.
The Higher Octaves of these Meditations are designed for initiates working towards the Third and Fourth Initiations.
The Higher Octave Meditations are designed to release the human soul (as a member of the Fourth Creative Hierarchy) from its (relatively) self-centred expression (the ahamkaric principle on the mental plane) into the group focus of the ashram on the buddhic plane. The correct use of the Meditations enables the building of the ‘buddhic sheath’ which eventually will allow the initiate to function free from the mental plane and the causal body altogether.
Meditation One & Two
• Centre within the causal field.
• Breathe the soul’s energy down into the centre at the base of the spine and allow the kundalini energy to rise up into the causal body. Project this energy into the ashram using the word of power for your soul ray.
• Assert the relationship which exists between the causal body, the ashram and through the Master at the centre of the ashram to the Chohan in Shamballa. This creates a triangle between the causal body, the ashram and the monad.
• Attempt to lift the consciousness now into the ashram on the buddhic plane and to draw into a closer connection with the Master at the centre of the ashram. When this has been somewhat achieved sound the OM silently, as the soul, in three directions:
Through the ashram itself—sounding the note of your soul to your Master (buddhic plane to atmic plane).
Through the Master to Shamballa—sounding the note of your soul to the monad (buddhic plane to monadic plane).
Into the abstract mental plane—sounding the note of your soul into the causal body (buddhic plane to abstract mental plane).
• These three factors now constitute a definite triangle, and after sounding the three OMs maintain your poise within the ashram as the response comes, closing the third side of the triangle. The monad ‘sounds’ an answering note directly towards the causal body (monadic plane to abstract mental plane). This is the equivalent in the triad of a ‘Shamballic impact’ upon humanity.
• The result of the inflow of electric fire from the monad into the jewel in the lotus should be an increased radiatory burning of the causal field. Much of this radiation will be released out onto the abstract mental plane, but some of it will be released up into the ashram on the buddhic plane. Lend your will to this abstraction process thus liberating more of the soul from the causal field.
• Then use the Invocation to the Central Spiritual Sun:
May the Sun in the head
And the Sun in the heart
Respond to the life emanating
From the Central Spiritual Sun
That the service of love
May be rendered with perfection.